Thursday, October 1, 2009

Palomino - Downtown Seattle

A good friend of mine invited me to see Wicked with her friends several months ago. Unfortunately, someone else in the group couldn't make it and so he kindly offered his ticket for anyone else to use. Tom was the lucky recipient of the extra ticket and so the review of the pre-show dinner at Palomino naturally had to show up on this blog!

Palomino definitely has some good points: they validate parking all night on Saturdays, the location is pretty accessible and easy to find and the service is pretty attentive. However, since this is a food blog, I don't think its much of surprise that I thought Palomino was pretty much Cheesecake Factory fare, yet slightly more upscale.

I ordered the summer ravioli, which was presented as two ginormous raviolis slapped onto a plate with a sea of various vegetable shavings as garnish. The ravioli stuffing wasn't very flavorful and the pasta itself was kind of dry. For my drink, I had a tiramisu martini, which was probably the highlight of my dinner, although it tasted more like chocolate than coffee-flavored to me. My friend ordered the linguini and clams, which she thought was over-salted and Tom had the lamb shanks which he said was just okay.


Summer ravioli



Linguini and clams

As a place to eat before a show, I'd have to say that Palomino is a great place to come due to its location and parking validation advantages, but not especially for the food. As for the show, Wicked was the most creative musical I have seen so far (although the number of musicals I've seen is admittedly limited). We had a great time at this memorable show, even if the food was not so memorable.

1420 Fifth Avenue, Suite 350
Seattle, Washington 98101
(206) 623-1300

No comments:

Post a Comment